Looking for inspiration as to why you should deep clean your bathroom? Here are 15 great reasons why you need to jump up now and get cleaning.
Bathroom cleaning is a job that you either love or hate and honestly, I don’t really mind cleaning it. Check out these tips for deep cleaning bathrooms in your home.
I’m a germ freak and if I clean it, I know that I have killed all those germs. Well for at least 5 minutes before someone goes in there and splashes water around.
The most important reason that your bathroom needs to be clean is simple! You deserve to use a clean bathroom and you should.
It will make you feel better starting your day in a clean and fresh-smelling bathroom.
The Importance Of Cleaning The Bathroom And Toilet
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, cleaning is something as adults that we need to take care of. If this means paying for someone to clean or doing the cleaning yourself, either option is acceptable.
But it is something we must do, having a clean bathroom is so important for every member of your family.
Grab Your FREE Daily Cleaning Checklist
Don’t just think of others, you deserve a clean bathroom too.
A clean bathroom means that any germs present are kept to a minimum.
Related article: How To Keep A Bathroom Clean
Reasons Why You Should Deep Clean Your Bathroom
Bathrooms just seem to attract dirt and it is often one of the most difficult areas to keep clean. Something always needs cleaning in the bathroom and that’s because it’s used a lot.
If you need some motivation, as to why you should deep clean. These 15 reasons will push anyone to give their bathroom a bit of a clean.
Sometimes it’s more than that, it’s about having pride in your home. Your home should feel comfortable too.
But most importantly, as an adult, you have to clean and keep your home clean for you and your family.
Related article: How To Simply Clean The Bathroom
Top Cleaning Products To Use In Your Bathroom
With so many different cleaning products it can be confusing as to what to use to keep your bathroom in tip-top condition.
- A Cream cleaner is great for cleaning the bathroom including getting watermarks out of glass shower screens.
- Microfiber cloths are great for general cleaning.
- Stainless steel cleaner use this for polishing any stainless steel in the bathroom.
- A mop is essential for keeping the floor clean.
Related article: 10 Dirtiest Areas In Your Bathroom
Top 5 Reasons To Clean Your Bathroom
These reasons will make you think, hopefully, to take action, but even a small change is better than nothing.
1. Life gets in the way and cleaning is often pushed to the bottom of the to-do list. Time Management is so important.
2. If you don’t deep clean your bathroom and you have people around, then it is embarrassing. There is nothing worse than going to someone’s home and the toilet and the bathroom is dirty.
3. Cleaning your bathroom is important for hygiene reasons. You don’t want germs spreading through your home that could’ve been prevented with a deep clean. Read this article on How To Simply Clean The Bathroom!
4. An uncleaned bathroom and toilet will smell. There is no getting around this point, you must clean and deep clean your bathroom to prevent that smell. The high moisture content can make items smell. For example, a full laundry hamper is quickly going to smell musty and dirty. Keeping up with your laundry helps to reduce the smell in the bathroom. Mold can develop in the bathroom quickly, the best mold killer is an essential oil.
5. Particles of the waste that you flush down the toilet will spread if the toilet seat lid is up. To prevent you from cleaning your teeth with a toothbrush soiled with these particles. Deep cleaning of your bathroom and toothbrushes is essential to keep them clean.
Related article: 15 Of The Best Home Cleaning Tips
Why You Need To Clean Your Bathroom
Don’t worry, I’ve still got plenty more reasons why you need to keep your bathroom clean.
1. Bacteria grows in warm and damp environments, this is the perfect example of most bathrooms. A deep clean of your bathroom will ensure that the bacteria aren’t allowed to grow and develop. Check out this article all about mold: How To Get Rid Of Mold Simply And Easily From Your Home
2. Let’s face it, if you have children then you are going to have accidents. Getting these clean and smell-free is something you should tackle on a daily basis.
3. The dreaded mold happens due to a lack of airflow in our homes. Sealing up our houses to reduce running costs encourages potential mold growth. Deep cleaning can help to identify if your home needs more ventilation!
4. The bathroom sees many germs pass through the doors and keeping on top of these is challenging. Have a sick person in your home, a deep clean of the bathroom can help prevent it from spreading further.
5. A deep clean allows you to clean areas on a quick clean you might forget. I typically forget the drain, for me, this is because it is the most disgusting job to do. However, keeping this clean will allow water to flow freely out of the drain. I will admit, I hate this job, but I know that I need to do this on a regular basis. Regular maintenance does reduce the yuck that accumulates, making the task easier.
Related article: How To Choose The Right Cleaning Products
Top Reasons To Clean
Number 5 in this section is one of the most important reasons to clean your bathroom. Don’t ever think you don’t deserve a clean bathroom too.
1. Deep cleaning your bathroom will show up any potential maintenance issues or decorations that you need to address. I know there are areas that I need to decorate in my own bathroom. I keep track of these tasks in my home maintenance file.
2. Cleaning is a great exercise. It’s a great reason to get moving and have a clean bathroom too. Turn on the music and get moving to the beat of your favorite song.
3. Something for you to consider, as an adult, it’s part of the responsibilities in life to clean. I think it is important for my family to live in a clean home. I don’t want germs in the bathroom that could potentially cause harm to their health. Cleaning prevents germs and bacteria from growing and spreading. Why People With Clean Houses Don’t Do These 16 Things
4. If you schedule regular deep cleaning sessions, these won’t take long to do. The cleaning in between won’t be as difficult either. The more you clean the less you need to clean. That is my principal thought!
5. A clean bathroom looks and smells nice when you first enter the room. You deserve to use a clean and smell-free bathroom too! It doesn’t take long, you can even break the task down into different areas and tackle them on different days.
Related articles: How To Keep A Bathroom Clean
If you are looking for inspiration to clean your bathroom, just remember you are worth the effort. Yes, there is hard work, in your immediate future. But, having a clean and germ-free space to wash and clean yourself and for your family to use is important. It’s about having pride in yourself and in your home.
Related article: How To Deep Clean The Bathroom
Related Content To Help You In Your Bathroom
When it comes to cleaning and maintaining our bathrooms it can take time. Here are some great ideas to help you manage it easier.
- 6 Things Not To Store In The Bathroom
- How To Create A Cleaning Schedule That Works
- Green Bathroom Cleaning Tips
- How To Simply Clean The Bathroom
- 10 Mental Health Benefits Of A Clean Bathroom
- How To Tackle The Organization In Your Bathroom
- Easy To Follow Daily Bathroom Cleaning Routine
- 20 Things People With Clean Homes Do Daily
- How To Keep A Bathroom Clean
Grab Your FREE Daily Cleaning Checklist