Choosing the right cleaning products, which you use in your home, is a mammoth task; you’re bombarded with products that clean your home and they all seem to come with different claims on how well they work. However, this is not the end of the difficulty you face, how do you know what the chemicals used to make the product, will affect your family now or even in the future? It isn’t unheard of that product which we use in our homes and the health of people living and using products, which are then linked to health concerns.
Affiliate links support How To Get Organized At Home
How To Choose The Right Cleaning Products
When I look at the products on sale I do think of the ease of use and the claims of being easy to use. I was once sucked into the thinking that these products were OK to use, but then I started to question what was in them, they might smell pretty but why did one product work better than another? The trouble I have is that I don’t see these claims.
When in the past I have purchased the new-fangled cleaning product I was never that impressed, I have to see to believe and often I didn’t witness the miracle of the claims that something worked better than anything else I had used.
This is when I started to take more notice of the products and the prices I was paying, I wanted something that I knew worked and was not bad for my health, I wanted natural products, these I know are better for the environment and my family’s health.
This is easier in the current climate, you can find natural products and this is great, it makes getting your cleaning supplies a lot easier.
You have to look at the ingredients in a product, if something smells nice, it is a chemical formula making that smell and I want to know if it is going to do harm to my family if I use a product.
Therefore, for me, I need to know what the chemicals are which are in these products and often they contain chemicals that I can’t even pronounce let alone know if they pose a threat.
The solution is to stick to the basic cleaning products that you know are good and work. It is about finding the right products for you.
If you are happy with a product and it cleans to your standard, then continue using it. If you think that it is too expensive, or that it isn’t working as well for you then it might be time to look at alternative options for getting your home clean.
What Cleaning Products To Choose
It isn’t easy finding products and for me, I found it frustrating in the beginning when I was questioning the products on display in the shops that I visited. They had an endless supply of all different cleaning products that all made claims to the power and potential of the cleaning ability, but very few, if any, were natural.
I had to go back to basics and research the products that could do the job I wanted, this wasn’t difficult but armed with this information made the process of getting my cleaning supplies a lot easier than my earlier trip.
There are some basic cleaning supplies that do really well in multiple places around your home to clean and they are so much cheaper than a lot of the commercially produced cleaning products.
The basic items you need:
- White vinegar is a stable product that you will find using in a lot of your cleaning, the vinegar smell does disappear quickly after use.
- Bicarbonate of soda or baking powder is a great cleaner.
- Lemon is something that not only smells and taste great it is a great cleaner too.
- Spray bottles, now it is important that these don’t contain any of cancer causing elements, this is a triangle shape with a number 7 inside, these are the bad ones and ones you need to avoid.
The basic ingredients that you need to clean your home; obviously, there are other items like:
- Vacuum, I have had a few over the years and currently I have this vacuum and I love it!
- Cleaning cloths, I do love a good microfiber cloth, it has to feel nice to touch if they feel or make my hands feel rough, I don’t like them and won’t buy them.
- Dishcloths, I am fussy with these, they, after all, have to do a lot of work and they need constant washing to keeping them clean and germ-free.
- Steam mop or cleaning gadget. I have a new shark steam cleaner, I was so disappointed with my previous one I’m surprised I got a new one, but this one is great! I do love the power of steam; it is natural and can get things clean without using harsh chemicals.
Cleaning your home is important and getting it right is not always easy, there are these big commercial companies producing products that cost a lot of money. For me they actually need to work, many of them I don’t think they make the cleaning job any easier, and this makes me question the purpose of spending the money. If you are looking for an article on how to clean your home, this article on how to clean your home properly is great!
Therefore, you must consider the products, which you use around your home to keep it clean, and the effect it can potentially have on your health as well as the amount that it costs to buy. The effectiveness of the product is something that you must consider, as well as the cost and the potential health risks the chemical exposure can have on the health of your family.