With St Patrick’s Day around the corner, this is a great opportunity to do some fun activities with your children, a chance to spend some quality time having fun and making some fantastic memories.
Finding things to do isn’t always easy which is why I like to help by finding some great ideas to share.
These great ideas will stimulate and excite you and your family, from fun crafts to homemade cakes and drinks. Who doesn’t like the colour green or enjoy the colour of rainbows all associated with St Patrick’s Day, there are even some activities that are educational too!
14 Things To Make And Do For St Patrick’s Day
- If you are looking for fun activities to try or to find some inspiration, you won’t go wrong with this choice of 10 fun activities to choose from. These are fun-filled and inspiring too!
- Looking for some fun ideas to get your nails in on the St Patrick’s Day theme, then you must check out these cool nail ideas. There is nothing nicer than a pamper session to relax and enjoy the time with special family and friends.
- I went to a Montessori pre-school; I just remember it was lots of fun and many years ago! I wanted to include some Montessori ideas for your fun activities. They encourage the child to think for themselves and to tackle problems and everyday tasks.
- I love rainbows and the mixture of the colours so what is more fun for children and adults than creating your very own rainbow pictures, don’t worry, these will inspire you to get creative!
- If you want some maths help, let St Patrick’s Day themed maths lessons inspire your children into learning something fun. Sometimes just having the same work displayed in a fun format can help a child understand a problem they have struggled with in the past.
- If you want to include your pets in the St Patrick’s Day fun, get the recipe for some dog biscuits that you can make your dog or even make them an outfit that will make them stand out from the crowd. It is easy to buy dog food and treats that are commercially made, knowing what goes into the food item is just as important for their health and well-being as the food choices you make for your own food.
- There is nothing better than to have some cake, try out this recipe for green velvet cake; it looks delicious. It will be a great centrepiece for any party too!
- If you are having a party, then these fantastic St Patrick’s Day desserts are perfect. There are 10 different deserts to choose from, you’re spoilt for choice as to which ones to make, or you could make them all too!
- Add a touch of green to the beverages that you drink this St Patrick’s Day with this green punch. It isn’t that difficult to make either, or you could try just adding some food colouring to different foods to really take on the St Patrick’s Day theme!
- Making memories is so important; children will be gone before you know it and spending time doing creative projects won’t last long! Here are 10 different ways that you can make rainbow hand pictures, it is a bit messy but you can easily wash it off your kids!
- Necklace making was a fun activity for my daughter, I never tried it this way; she would have loved to make it with the different colours. Threading activities are great for hand to eye co-ordination, which is an important skill to learn and practice regularly too.
- If you are looking for an adult drink suitable for a St Patrick’s Day themed party, these alcoholic drinks should fit the bill. Remember to drink wisely and to tell others the alcohol that it contains as some people might not want the alcohol, so have other non-alcoholic drinks on offer.
- Are you looking for your pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow? Try making one of your own, it might be the only one you find!
- It wouldn’t be crafty if you don’t make something from an old toilet tube, try making a leprechaun’s hat.
St Patrick’s Day Items
If you are looking for some fun St Patrick’s Day items you can’t go wrong with these printables, they are digital, so you just need to download them and print them out!
Do you have any favourite St Patrick’s Day crafts that you like to make at this time of the year?
Looking for something else to read? Saving Money This Easter is a great place to start!