I want to paint a concrete floor! We are having a lot of work done on our conservatory and I want to paint the floor!
I’m slowly winning round the hubby, he’s still not 100% convinced of my idea. So, I thought, being a blogger, what a great way to explain my reason and write about it.
We need a new flooring in there, it’s been there over 12 years now and it’s not looking good.
Items I Might Need
I like to think about the supplies as I go through the idea, it allows me to build a basic budget of the costs in my mine.
- I will need to decide on a style and find a suitable concrete paint!
- A painting roller to apply the paint!
- Painters tape to protect the skirting boards!
- Stencils, if I choose to stencil the floor!
- Protection, I think that protecting the paint is important, especially in high-traffic areas! I’ve been thinking about a wet look sealant!
Why Paint A Concrete Floor
We’ve had carpet in there since it was first put up, it is going to go through some major changes soon and we know that the carpet needs to go.
Whilst, it was great, it wasn’t the best colour! A beige/gold colour! Don’t ask me why we choose that colour. I now hate it.
Every time I vacuum it my Shark is full of little gold fluffy bits, I’m convinced that the sun and damp have completely destroyed this carpet.
Don’t worry the damp is going in the most amazing upgrade.
I don’t want tiles, I have them in my hallway and while I like them, I don’t love them.
So, I feel the only option I haven’t explored is painting the concrete floor.
I want to fall in love with this upgrade, so I am spending time choosing the right products for all areas.
Are you unsure as to the paint you want to use? Check out this resource for the best concrete paint for your patio, basement or garage, it’s full of great information.
Concrete Floor Finishes
Have you seen some of the amazing floor designs that are possible with just using paint?
You will be truly inspired by what I have to show you.
- This concrete floor in the kitchen is amazing, I love the colour and the look of the concrete in this one.
- If you are looking for detailed instructions on how to tackle painting your floor, this post goes into detail. What is surprising is the length of time this suggests leaving the floor before adding furniture or walking on it.
- Have you thought about stencilling? This full tutorial on how to stencil a concrete floor is amazing! I am in love with the finished look.
- I wanted to show you a full-colour stencil, I’m not sure I would have the skills for this level of stencilling.
- I’m not that brave to even attempt this amazing painted floor. However, it is the most amazing colour and design that I think I have seen. It certainly catches your eye.
- Want to make your concrete floor look like wood? This post gives you all the details that you need, it just doesn’t give you many pretty pictures! I need pretty pictures.
- I’ve never even thought about staining a concrete floor, but this is certainly an option to consider. The colour that you achieve isn’t uniform, however, it is unique to your floor because of the way the concrete has settled and how you choose to apply the stain will all affect the colour.
- This instruction post gives you the details that you need to make your stained floor look amazing and last.
Concrete Paint Colours
I am truly amazed by the colours, textures and patterns for painting concrete floors.
I really had no idea a number of different options that are available! As for the colours that you want, the choice is endless.
I just can’t make up my mind as to what option I want to try yet, here’s hoping that my hubby falls in love with this option as much as I am.
I really can’t believe that painting floors seemed so odd when I first started to think about it and now it truly is something that I want to try, in more than one room.
Epoxy Floor Paint
The more I’m reading up on the subject the more I’m learning about the different types of paint to use.
Because we have dogs, and they love to run around the house, I’m looking more for epoxy paint options. I have seen that you can get paint’s with one part epoxy and this gives the protection to the paint from scratches.
Best Concrete Floor Paint
I’m looking for suggestions as to the best concrete floor paint! I want to make sure that this project is done right and looks fabulous.
Ok, I’m so convinced of how great the room is going to look, there is no doubt in my mind that my hubby won’t love the idea too.
I’m so excited to start planning how I want the floor to look like, the colours I can use and the style options. Stay tuned for the updates on what we decide to do.