Quick Cleaning Tips
If you are expecting visitors and you want to clean your home then these quick cleaning tips will allow you to have the appearance that you run a tidy and organized home.
- Clear the clutter, nothing makes a home look untidy than piles of clutter, this can easily be moved out of site, but remember when your visitors have gone that you will need to sort out the clutter.
- Washing up, nothing shouts an untidy kitchen more than dirty dishes piled in the sink; if you have a dishwasher put the dishes in there, if not wash them by hand, this will give your kitchen a lived in but clean look.
- Dusting, inches of dust will make your home look uncared for, this is not about a detailed dust but a quick dust. Set a timer for 10 minutes and see how quickly you can get the worst off.
- Hoover the main rooms that your guest will see, just hoover the middle of the room, no need to be over zealous; it is not about deep cleaning but getting your home presentable.
- The bathrooms and toilet, just the ones your visitor will be using. Wipe down your sink and bath just so it looks clean and fresh, again it is not a deep cleaning just a quick clean. Wipe down the toilet, pop some cleaning fluid in the bowl and let it sit there; it will make the loo smell clean.
Sometimes, it is possible that life can get in the way, this means that those domestic tasks can lapse and can occasionally seem too difficult to tackle; it is only when a visitor is due that you suddenly get the momentum to clean. But if time is limited then getting the basics done will allow you to focus on the main items in your home to make sure they are presentable.
Many people won’t notice the cleanliness of your home; they are there to see you and not to inspect how you manage your home. But admitting that you haven’t been on top of the cleaning could highlight to your guests to look deeper than you would want.
But if, when your guests have gone, and you have realised that you want to take back control of your home, then it is going to take time and patience to get your home back to a point where you are happy. It is not about making others do jobs around the house, it is living how you want to, and you deserve to live in a clean and organized home. Let your family follow by example, there is no point arguing and demanding your family to clean and tidy if you are not doing the same. Less stress and arguments happen if you lead by example, if you have an untidy area, don’t expect your children to keep their rooms sparkling, they see how you treat your space and are following by how you lead.
Sometimes it is difficult but keeping an organized home often keeps itself tidy with minimal maintenance required, then the cleaning fits into a schedule that meets your needs.