How often have you said those words on New Year’s day and you barely make it to the end of the day before you know that this isn’t going to happen for you again, because you have forgotten what those New Year’s resolutions are! It is important to set goals, to dream and want to choose the direction you want to go, but to do this without a plan on how you intend to arrive will often mean your dreams drift by without you acting upon them. It is like wanting to win the lottery but never playing.
How To Make New Year New You Resolutions
If you have your resolutions in hand, what you intend to do with them next will decide if you are making them again next year. If you do nothing, then the chances of meeting your goals or your New Year New You resolutions are very slim.
What you must do is formulate a plan. You need to make the goal a commitment which you can spend time working towards, making little steps each month and aiming for your goal.
Planning Is The Key To Success
It is so important that you plan; this is the biggest key that you have in opening up the doors to a successful resolution and working towards a long-term goal.
The resolutions that you pick have to be achievable, something that you can control. The example of winning the lottery, no matter how hard you try and how much money you plough into buying lottery tickets, there still is no guarantee that you are going to win. So, when you are thinking about goals make sure that they are reachable, that you can put steps in place, which will help you reach these goals.
If you choose a goal to reach by the end of the year, you must plan steps for you do every week or month that moves you further towards that goal. They don’t have to be giant steps, it is easier to take small steps which are manageable that will quickly add up to make positive steps towards a common goal, the one that formulated the New Year, new you plan.
Writing down the steps that you need to take makes your goal possible, no matter what it is, as long as it is realistic. Sometimes, writing the goals down can show just how much time you need to achieve something. You might have to take a few steps back and other times you might miss out a few. It just depends on your goals and your desires too, as to the length of time they are going to take, but it is possible to move forward in the right direction as long as you have a plan.
If it is difficult to break down a goal then chances are it might be unrealistic to achieve. A goal that is achievable; is one that you can organize into your daily or weekly routine. If it is to save money or to lose weight, have a weekly target that you are hoping to achieve. It is important that you don’t give up and you can work through the will power issues often associated with resolutions, but remember you are worth the effort.
You must decide that you won’t repeat the same resolutions next year, because you will be a step closer to meeting your goals and becoming the new you.
Therefore, it is important that you take your resolutions to a point where you can make positive changes this coming year.
I want to take this opportunity to wish all my readers a very happy New Year but before you go check out a few of my friends New Years messages below:
1. How to Set and Keep Goals to Make This the Best Year Ever | Jen @ Girl in Garage
2. 15 Ways to Stay Organised at Work During 2015 | Elizabeth Harrin @ A Girl’s Guide to Project Management
3. How Personal Style Will Help You Achieve Goals Faster in 2015 | Cherene Francis @ Aura Image Consulting
4. Completing Those Unfinished Projects in the NEW YEAR | Angela Lerew @ Unexpected Elegance
5. 42 Ways to Practice Perfectly & Become an Expert at Almost Anything | Amy Garro @ 13 Spools
6. Easy Exercises to do on a Cruise Ship | Amanda Woods @ Adventures All Around
7. 10 Simple Ways to Eat Healthier This Year | Dawn @ Reveal Natural Health
8. 31 Days to a More Fabulous You | Julie Bonner @ Mom Fabulous
9. How to Make This the Best Gardening Year Ever | Kendra Spencer @ a Sonoma Garden
10. 5 Ways to Make this Your Best Monarch Season…Ever! | Tony Gomez @ Monarch Butterfly Garden
11. 12 Scriptures for Goals and Guidance | Julie @ Loving Christ Ministries
12. How to Build a Starter Emergency Fund in 30 Days or Less | Jackie Beck @ The Debt Myth
13. Family Verse of the Week Challenge for 2015 | Jamie Yonash @ Life is Sweeter By Design
14. Hot Work at Home Jobs for 2015 | Holly Hanna @ The Work at Home Woman
15. A Year of Intention | Hilary Bernstein @ Accidentally Green
16. 2015: Our Best Year Yet | Ashley @ Leaving the Rut
17. Create a Better Life Story | Bronwen Warner @ Tummy Time and Beyond
18. Get Ready to Get MDfit | Tom and Anne @ Eat & Be Fit
19. 5 Free Ways to Learn Something New This Year | Sarah Fuller @ Earning and Saving with Sarah Fuller
20. Healthy Leek Soup | Mirlandra @ Mirlandra’s Kitchen
21. Health Resolutions: Baby Steps to a New You | Ellen Christian @ Confessions of an Overworked Mom
22. 5 Ways Busy Moms Can Get Motivated to Work Out | Diane Nassy @ philZENdia
23. Be Prepared for the New Year | Jennifer Dunham Starr @ The Memory Journalists
24. 3 Steps to a Healthier Life in 2015 | Joe Goodwill @Average Joe Cyclist
25. New Year’s Resolution: Cook More Often! | Kim Pawell @ Something New for Dinner
26. I Should What? 28 Ways to be Happier | Karen Young @ Hey Sigmund
27. 9 Ways to Get Healthier In The New Year | Amy Maus @ Home and Farm Sense
28. In 2015 Resolve to Take Control of Your Money | Kristia @ Family Balance Sheet
29. Eucharisteo: A Year of Thanksgiving | Lani Padilla @ Simply Fresh Vintage
30. No More Tears at IEP Meetings: Make This Your Best Year Ever! | Lisa Lightner @ A Day In Our Shoes
31. Learn to Save Money on Groceries | Melissa Buckles @ Everyday Savvy
32. How to Achieve Your New Year’s Resolution – For Real This Time! | Michelle @ Dishes and Dust Bunnies
33. 52 Weeks to a Better You: Week 1 – Go to Bed Early | Mindi Cherry @ Moms Need to Know
34. Food Street: How a Community Has Joined Forces to Start a Street Farm | Sam Walker @ Bubble ‘N Squeak
35. Organizing Coupons with the Binder Method | Sara Steigerwald @ Sisters Shopping on a Shoe String
36. How to Make This Year the Happiest Yet | Shambray @ Shambray.com
37. A New Year, A New You | Sharon Rowe @ How to Get Organized at Home
38. 5 Ways to Get Paid for Losing Weight This Year | Anna @ Real Ways to Earn Money at Home
39. Tips for Successful Whole30 | Deanna Michaels @ From This Kitchen Table
40. 75 Ways to Be Healthier in 2015 | Maryea Flaherty @ Happy Healthy Mama
41. How to Make 2015 the Best Year Ever! | Jennifer @ My Boys & Their Toys
I’ve linked up with a link party!