The idea of summer brings lots of fun and lots of sun, this is great for the odd day or two but soon boredom sets in and your children just don’t know what to do. They will either sit around your home getting bored or go to a friend’s house to get equally bored. You can stop this boredom in its tracks with these activities which will keep them going all summer long and many of them don’t involve spending money, which I think is a key point. A summer with kids with nothing to do can cost a lot of money. When they have something to do they have more fun and it’s cheaper, having fun in the shade doesn’t cost a lot!
Affiliate links support How To Get Organized At Home
Sometimes just giving your children things to do isn’t always the answer, let them look at the activities for them to choose something they think will be fun and entertaining. This gives them something to look forward to and they are more willing to give the activities a try!
Fun In The Shade This Summer
Finding just the right activities to keep them amused isn’t easy, there are lots of different ideas on the internet that you can spend hours looking at and not really find anything fun to do. Don’t worry, you don’t have to spend any time looking because I have done the hard work for you. I have created a list of links to sites that offer fun activities that your kids will love.
- This site gives you access to over 80 ideas that are either free or very inexpensive to do with your kids. They suggest some obvious choices like reading a book or playing with puzzles. Create a challenge for your children to tick off the items on the list you could see who completes the most ideas.
- Looking for a boredom buster this list might be just what they need with boredom-busting ideas for each letter of the alphabet. This means they are learning whilst still having fun!
- If you want something that will entertain and feed your children then you might want to try this ice cream in a bag. It sounds like fun and something that will be enjoyable too. This is something I wish I had done with my kids it looks so simple!
- I do love chalk, it is fun and it washes away with a little water, you can encourage so many different activities with chalk and a pavement! Chalk is a great way to get creative and spark your imagination. Check out this fantastic list of ideas.
When The Weather Isn’t Fine!
- Play dough is my all-time favourite activity! If you are looking for some inspiration then this site has some great ideas for play dough and summer themes. Try doing the activity outside or in your garage it can save worrying about the mess!
- If you are unsure of how to pick your entertainment this summer. Create an activities board is a great way to pick activities to do together as a family or a project your kids can do on their own. Teaching independence and doing projects on their own will give a child confidence to learn.
- A pre-created free printable of 20 cards that you can randomly pick to do over the summer is available on this site; it is a great way to do something a little bit different.
- We all know there are the odd days in summer where the weather will turn and your kids need entertaining indoors; don’t disappear, I have that covered too.
- Pipe cleaners have always been a mystery to me, I have never understood their fascination until now, I now feel that I have missed out on some crafting opportunities!
- Summer wouldn’t be summer without some sunny crafts and this post is full of some awesome ideas for this summer.
- Don’t think I have missed out ideas to keep the brain active as well as the hands. This article is all about apps that your children can use and learn from to keep their brains active over the long summer holiday. I think it is just as important to stimulate a child’s mind as well as giving them activities to burn off energy.
- It wouldn’t be summer without some colouring, here are some great printable sheets for your children. Make this a family activity, it is good for adults to colour too!
- If you are on the look-out for a pet, then why not create your own pets from rocks. I have done these for years and I still have the ones my children made many years ago!
- This is something I think is really special. You colour the special pages like a normal colouring sheet and then watch the animals come to life with the aid of your iPad or iPhone. This is a great idea for those days when it is raining or too hot to go outside, having fun in the shade is important for all children.
Therefore, this list will keep you entertained all summer long, making memories with your family. It is a great idea to have some ideas to help stimulate your child into doing some fun activities. It teaches children to find things to occupy their minds and have a great time too! Fun in the shade is about spending time having fun and some of the things you can do without having a bright sunny day!
If you are looking for more articles on this topic then head over to the landing page where you will find links to other posts on time management.
How do you have fun in the shade?
I wrote this article, I think you will like it! Finding The Best Picnic Accessories Just For You.