Do you wish that your kitchen would look spotless at least most of the time, but you don’t have hours a day in which you need to keep it that clean? Do you want to know the things people with clean kitchens do daily?
After all, the kitchen is the hub of the house and for this reason, it is the most used room and the one that many people struggle to keep clean!
Do you wonder what you should be doing each day to keep your kitchen looking clean?
Things People With Clean Kitchens Do Daily
Sometimes it’s difficult to know what you should be doing and when to keep your kitchen clean!
A great idea is to copy what other people do until you have worked out what habits and routines you need to build into your everyday life in order to keep your kitchen clean!
- The kitchen sink, this is perhaps the most used item in your kitchen and the one area that you really do need to pay attention too! You must keep up with the basic cleaning of your pots and dishes to keep this area free of washing up!
- Your countertops, by keeping these clear and wiped down really helps with the look of your kitchen! The less you have out the easier it is to make this space look and stay clean!
- The items that you have in your kitchen need to have their own homes, spaces specifically for them! This ensures that when you get something out, it has a home to go back too! It then makes cleaning so much easier as you are not trying to shove things back onto shelves, with the hope that it will all fit! You will know as it has its own space!
- Your cleaning cloths, you need to ensure that you have cleaning cloths, that are for the different areas of your kitchen, I have a washing up cloth that is replaced daily I also have microfiber cloths that I use to clean the rest of the kitchen! I have specific colour cloths for the different areas of my home!
- The trash bin or rubbish bin! This is an essential item in your kitchen, it provides a place to put the rubbish to keep counters clean and germ-free. However, it’s also a place where germs can breed and can start to smell! Emptying the bin often helps to reduce the smells in your home as well as preventing the spread of germs and bacteria! Always remember to clean the bin, I do this on a daily basis as I really don’t like the thought of germs and mould growing!
Clean And Tidy Kitchen
There really isn’t anything worse than a kitchen that you need to spend hours cleaning! Keeping up with the cleaning of the kitchen ensures that it doesn’t take you hours! I think that is why I like a clean kitchen because I really don’t have hours to spend each day!
You can get that clean kitchen too and without spending hours getting it right!
- If you don’t want to waste hours trying to place all your food in the fridge always have space, never overfill it! This will make sure that food doesn’t go out of date and you always have room for any leftovers that need refrigerated!
- You can’t keep the germs at bay if you don’t ensure that you always have clean towels and tea-towels! Drying your hands and dishes with dirty towels just means you are putting the germs back! This is wasting your time and effort that you spend cleaning!
- Kitchen floors are important to keep clean! You need to keep the floor swept and clean! You do have options with this! I use a robotic dusting machine, it literally dusts the floor! It’s great for me because we have a lot of tiled floor surfaces and dogs that shed a lot of fur! But I do also try and keep it clean too and I do this with a steam mop!
- Don’t have a junk drawer, it’s great in theory to be able to shove things in a drawer and forget about it! In reality, this creates a potential space that can get out of control! Have a place for everything and you won’t need to worry about anyone going through your kitchen drawers!
- Keep your stove clean! Don’t let your stove top get out of control! Each time you use it you must clean it! Keeping a clean oven will make your kitchen sparkle too!
Habits Of People With A Clean Kitchen
The idea of creating habits, they then become an automatic reaction and it’s this process that creates a clean kitchen!
How you tackle these cleaning tasks will depend on the time that you have and the tasks you need to complete!
I work on the kitchen daily, in the evening after the evening meal I try and spend about 15 to 20 minutes tackling the never-ending cleaning jobs in the kitchen! But by breaking it down into small chunks I’m able to keep my kitchen clean!
Hacks To A Clean Kitchen
I have some bad news, whilst there are routines and cleaning schedules to help you, there is no way around the fact that you have to clean too!
Breaking the task down into manageable chunks is one way to reduce the feel of always cleaning! Using products that make the task easy is important, finding the products that you like is a completely different topic altogether!