7 Reasons Why You Need A Home Binder
The reason for why you need a home binder is simple, it is to keep your home organized, knowing where items are and not losing important information!
It is a tool that you can develop to meet your needs and the needs of your family.
What you must do is to make this file work for you! You must use it regularly to keep your family organized and have any important information to hand.
What Is A Home Binder
It is something you will develop over time and how much detail you keep in there will depend on how this file works in your family!
The concept is to keep information that you and your family need to hand. Some people keep a family calendar in theirs, others choose to have less information about themselves but more basic information like the colour of the paint used in their recent decoration project.
There is no right or wrong answer to what you need to keep in your file, as it will depend on how you use the file as to the information it holds!
7 Reasons To Have A Home Binder
- It is a way to have a command centre and everyone knows where to go to get the information. If you have everything in one place then it is easier to find and it makes running multiple calendars and tasks obsolete because the information is in the binder.
- Setting it up and what you have inside is personal to you and your family; you don’t need to have every single section that you can possibly imagine. However, all the information that you need will be at hand, you won’t be running around trying to find a phone number or trying to work out if there is a birthday coming up, you will know as it will all be in the home binder.
- Keeping your meal planner contained and in the same place means, other family members can start to prep a meal if you are running late because they will know where to look to see what is for the evening meal. This is a great way to work together as a family.
- Having a section for phone numbers is crucial. Knowing that you have the number for the doctors or a plumber in case of an emergency is important. Yes, you might be able to have them on your phone, but what if you are not home and someone else needs help, having the numbers in a place where they are all together is important and can save time.
- If you have multiple lists for different tasks and events, you don’t want them cluttering up the different areas of your home. Do you want to see the front of your refrigerator? You don’t have to keep the menu for the week, the schedule and your chore list on your fridge or on another surface, keep them together in a home binder.
- It is not a new idea, home binders have been around for a number of years, they can help a family stay organized. There is nothing worse than not knowing what is happening when you are dealing with your family, multiple events and responsibilities! Having all this information in one place allows a family to work together, making a more organized family.
- You will notice the benefit almost immediately; you won’t miss appointments or forget something important if you work at keeping your home binder up to date.
A Paperless Home Binder
Having a home binder that you can write on and keep up to date is important, however, if you really aren’t a pen a paper person don’t worry there are other options that you can try!
Going paperless is getting easier and easier! There are programs that you can join that offer the peace of mind, they are secure and you can have all your home binder online and you never will need to worry about forgetting a phone number or a person’s contact name, they’ll be stored online in your home binder!
Therefore, if you are in two minds about creating a home binder then it is important to think about the time you will save and how much more organized your life will be, start small and expand as you become more confident with developing a home binder that meets your family’s needs.
Looking for more articles about your home? 4 Kitchen Habits You Need To Adopt is a great place to start!
Hmmm, since it’s only me, I can’t see the benefit of making one.
Are there other reasons that would make it important, even for families of one?
I think there are benefits for families of one, if anything happens to you and people need to find who your doctor is or who your solicitor is having a home binder is a great place to have this information. The same with medication, having a list of the tablets you are taking will help if you are poorly and you need some help, the information is there. If you have pets and you go away on holiday and you have someone take care of the animal if there is a problem having the vets number at hand and what to do in an emergency is there ready for them. You will also still need routines to follow to keep on top of your organizing and having a menu plan is crucial in ensuring that you are eating properly. Thank you for taking the time to comment and ask questions. 🙂
I have bought my binder and need to get started organizing!
Well done you 🙂
I agree. I have a household of one and I keep a simple binder. It’s mainly filled with phone numbers and key information that my family can use to help out in case of an emergency. I am currently expanding my home binder to include other household management information. I find that is helps me to make the most of my time, money, and other resources.
It is important that people know how to do things in case of an emergency. Thanks for visiting 🙂
Comments are closed.