5 Tips To Clean Your Bathroom
Keeping your bathroom clean might be easier than you think, it is not all about hard work, but doing more when you can to make the actual cleaning a breeze.
- Cleaning your toothbrushes regularly probably is not high on your cleaning schedule, but cleaning them in boiling water once a week will blast off any germs, remember to clean out the toothbrush holder as well. If you have a toilet in your bathroom, try to store toothbrushes as far away as possible due to particles that can escape from the toilet and cover your brushes, spreading germs and potential diseases.
- Cleaning the toilet for me is not something that I enjoy, but it is a task that I will do on a daily basis, I wipe the cistern down with a cleaner and toilet paper each day. I don’t have a toilet brush, I think these are laden with germs that are ready to spread, instead I buy very cheap disposable gloves, which I use with toilet paper and toilet cleaner to wipe down the bowl; these gloves are just thrown away after each use.
- The shower cubicle is easy to clean with a towel after each use to keep it dry, reducing the amount of water, which with increased humidity can lead to an increase of mould and mildew growing. It only needs cleaning fluid sprayed on once or twice a week.
- Don’t forget the shower head; often this sits with water on the inside and mould can quickly grow. Remove from the shower on a monthly basis, clean, and rinse through before putting back. The shower is a useful tool in the cleaning of your shower cubicle, when you have sprayed cleaning fluid it is quick and easy to use the shower to rinse of and a squidgy to remove the excess water, leaving the glass streak free.
- The taps, where the water comes from can quickly grow mould and mildew, if not regularly cleaned this can easily fall off into your hands as you wash or end up in your cup or glass as you fill it from the tap. It is therefore important that you wipe off under the taps on a frequent basis to ensure that the water you are using is clean and not contaminated with germs.
Therefore, it is relatively easy to keep your bathroom clean and tidy with minimal effort on your part. This makes it less trouble trying to remember the last time you cleaned the bathroom as an important question, but what you can do today to ensure that it is smell free and clean if you have an unexpected visitor, it is one less area to worry about.