You have to find money for Valentine’s Day, you don’t want to break your budget if you are going to buy a gift for your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
Planning in advance where you are getting your money to buy any gifts, will give you the value you can afford to spend and your final budget. It is so important to have a budget, it is so easy to spend more than you can afford and by having a budget it keeps you within a limit of how much you can spend.
Affiliate links support How To Get Organized At Home
How To Find Money For Valentine’s Day
Finding money to buy a gift is going to help you avoid using any form of credit, for me, this is never an option I would choose as I dislike the idea of paying any interest on the purchases I make.
I prefer to ensure that I have the money available for everything that I purchase.
Grab My FREE Budgeting Printable
This will help you with your daily Budget.
Ideas For Finding Money
- Saving money from your grocery budget.
- Using money, that you have saved for this purpose.
- Cut back on luxuries or meals out and using the money saved for your gift.
- Get off the bus or train a stop earlier to save money on transport costs and using saved money for buying the gift.
- Choose to make a homemade gift with items you already have
- Add in ‘free options’ to your date to reduce the costs involved. For example: going for a walk after a meal or taking a picnic with you and finding a nice spot for a romantic meal.
- Juggle your budget a bit, after all, your budget isn’t set in stone, you’re supposed to move things around.
- Have a romantic meal at home, put the kids to bed first, light a candle and enjoy each other’s company.
- Do an extra shift at work.
Areas You Need To Be Careful With
If you have a voucher for a discount for purchasing two meals for the price of one, check the terms of conditions that this is valid before you go on your romantic Valentine’s Day meal. There is nothing worse than trying to find extra money because you didn’t read the terms of conditions on the voucher, especially if out on a romantic meal date.
If you want to save money there are other options you can consider, talk to your loved one and discuss choosing a date after Valentine’s Day to swap gifts and maybe go out on a date.
This will save you money as many places increase their prices for items and meals around this time of the year because the demand increases, therefore, businesses can increase the price of items they sell. After Valentine’s Day, the prices decrease as the demand reduces.
Ideas For Valentine’s Day Activities
Don’t just jump at the first thing that you think of, try thinking of different things to do, you can even involve your children in making things. This is a great idea if you have children who like being creative.
Ideas To Make
- Valentine’s Day cards, these are so much fun to make with kids. Having a theme for the card can help reduce the choices and sometimes this is important.
- Valentine’s Day cookies, making cookies is a great activity as it involves so many different skills from reading to mixing and decorating too!
- Valentine Day meals, these are great for getting the whole family involved, from creating a menu to making the meal and even sitting down to eat as a family.
- Decorations for Valentine’s Day, making decorations for your home with your children is special, it is quality time with your family!
Activities To Do
- Going for a picnic, weather permitting of course!
- Going for a walk, somewhere local but is different from your normal activities.
- Going out for a bike ride as a family.
- Going to the park to spend time together as a family.
- A romantic walk for just the two of you.
If you are looking for something different I have found some great ideas on Amazon just for you!
You don’t have to spend lots of money to show your love, it is the actions that you take. Spending time together, doing something different, sitting down for a meal in the evening together after the children have gone to bed, is a great option if you can’t afford a babysitter.
Therefore, if you are looking for extra money to pay for Valentine’s Day, you might need to find creative ways to save money, but finding creative ways to create a gift or an experience for your loved one that doesn’t cost a lot of money either. You just need to think outside the box and make sure that you are making the most of your budget that you have available.
Grab My FREE Budgeting Printable
This will help you sort your daily Spending.