What are the most important things that you have in your home that you use regularly to keep your home clean? This question got me thinking about the different products that we use to keep our homes clean. Often we have products and brands that we feel work the best. What is important to remember is that everyone’s entitled to make their own decisions on these products, they look at what others use and recommend but ultimately it is your decision as to what you use to keep your home sparkling clean. These are the items I use to clean my home.
Affiliate links support How To Get Organized At Home
10 Things I Use To Clean My Home
I have sat and thought about these items and some of you might be surprised what makes my top ten!
- I have a thing for floors, they bug me so much and that is why my top of the list is my vacuum and brushes. I feel that if I keep the floors clean it helps with the rest of my home to make it look clean and tidy. I also have a hate for pet hair on the floor and having 2 dogs this in itself is a challenge sometimes!
- Sticking with the floor theme, my number two item is my steam mop and scrubbing-brush. I need to keep my floors shining and having a lot of tiles means they need regular cleaning.
- Cleaning cloths are in my top ten, I just don’t know what I would do without microfiber cloths. They are my go to cloths, some are better than others so you must look and know what you like in a microfiber cloth. Soft is important, and if you run your hands over them they don’t catch on your skin, yes this seems weird but I have some and they are the worst cloths I have ever used!
- White vinegar is my go-to base cleaner, it is able to tackle so many cleaning tasks that I just don’t know what I would use instead. Best of all it is really cheap compared to some commercial cleaners you can buy.
- Bicarbonate of soda; this product is awesome for tackling stains and stubborn dirt. I use this to clean carpets, cleaning the bathroom and even cleaning the oven!
- Sometimes it is important to think of the basics and hot water and soap are just that. However, don’t be fooled, these two ingredients can tackle a multitude of cleaning tasks around the home and you should consider this as an option in any cleaning task.
- One of the most important ingredients to keeping your house clean is having the time to do the tasks. This is why time is my number 7 tool that I use.
- Planning, without planning my cleaning and the tasks I need to do, I would not complete the tasks. I need to plan my time; I need to plan the tools that I need to use. Planning is an important tool that you must not forget when you are looking at improving your cleaning skills.
- This last week made me think about washing facilities and how much I rely on my washing machine to keep my clothes and bedding clean. I have decided that hand-washing just isn’t for me, I don’t have the strength in my wrists to wring out the clothing. So, a washing machine forms an important part of keeping my home clean and one that I am so thankful to have.
- I am a strong believer in finding ways to make my home feel cleaner without lifting a finger. The best option I know is fresh air, if your house smells fresh it feels cleaner too. Whilst I am not one for air fresheners, I do believe in opening windows to allow air flow into your home. There is nothing worse than a home that smells stale or even of last night’s evening meal! A fresh home feels like a cleaner home!
It’s Not About The Products To Clean My Home
I think this is a powerful statement to make, it is not about the products that you use but how you use them. You might use the most expensive cleaning products available but if you don’t clean regularly enough the products mightn’t be effective.
It is more about the planning and taking action in your cleaning regime than the products you use. Some of the cheapest products you can buy are just as effective if you use them regularly.
White vinegar and bicarbonate of soda are fine examples of this concept. They are cheap to buy and they work really well, I think the more you clean with a product the less work it will need.
Keeping up with your routines and cleaning in your home will make the cleaning task quicker and it means less time needed to keep your home clean.
Planning And Time Management To Clean My Home
As with most things in life, you need to plan your cleaning and provide adequate time to do the tasks involved. I use a number of different techniques to clean my home, but the most important item is planning. I need to plan my time and the tasks I need to complete.
If you just don’t have the time to fit in cleaning, think of other options like hiring a cleaning service. Living in a clean home is important for you and your family if you can’t find the time or ability to plan your cleaning then it might be time to hire out your cleaning tasks.
Therefore, whilst some of these items might have surprised you as to why I have included them in my top ten items I use to clean my house, without them I would be in a complete muddle and unable to keep my home clean and tidy.
These are my best tips to clean my home, what are yours?
Looking for more articles on this topic? Head over to the landing page where you will find links to other cleaning articles!
I also wrote this article, I think you will like it. 18 Reasons Why you Need To Clean.