For many people, the idea of saving money is difficult, if you have a little money coming in and so much going out, the idea to save money each week might not be a top priority! Finding good ways to save money each week isn’t as difficult as you might imagine!
I get that, it is hard to juggle the money and the commitments that we have and adding anything else into that mix isn’t easy!
But you don’t have to do a lot to save money, it is more about changing your mindset rather than changing how you manage your money!
Why Save Money Each Week
Saving money each week will make a difference to how much money you have and how much debt too!
It’s about making sure that you have enough money to live, but not to spend more money than you need to in a week! It is fun to see how much you can save and shocking to see how spending can quickly add up!
Tips To Save Money
The simplest way to save money is to cut back in certain areas that are easy to adjust. Those areas that whilst they have a budget, they are flexible each week and nothing is set in stone!
The grocery budget is a great example!
- Buy generic brands, these are often the same product with different packaging. It isn’t always easy to tell that you have swapped a product! There are some generic brands I don’t like and there are others that I really can’t tell the difference, you have to find the ones you like!
- Never go shopping and buy something because it is there, often you just don’t need the item in question! Spotting a bargain is one thing, but buying something that you don’t need is just a waste of money!
- Always go shopping with a shopping list and make sure that you use it! You can grab a copy of a printable shopping list here!
- Cut coupons, this is a great way to make some great savings! But only for items that you want and need! There is little point stocking up on cheap dog food if you don’t own a dog! A coupon is only valuable to you if it is something that you use and need!
Saving Money On Work Days
Mornings are stressful, getting up and getting out to work is tough, I’m so lucky that I can work from home and my office is wherever I want!
- But if you go to work and you want to save money the best way to do this is to take your lunch to work with you! You might need to sort it out the night before, but taking lunch with you will save you a lot of money each week!
- Don’t stop off at the coffee shop on your way to work, take a coffee with you from home and save yourself time and a lot of money! It might take practice to make the perfect coffee, but not only will you save money but you will learn a new skill too!
The Easy Stuff
If you are looking to save money then these easy tips will help!
- Walk instead of taking the car, this saves the fuel in your car and great exercise! It is also great for your car not to go on short journeys, it can burn more fuel and add to the costs of running your car!
- Ask for discounts, if you don’t ask you never know what you might get! There is a time and a place for asking for discounts, make sure you pick the right moment!
- If you are paying for things you don’t use! Do you have a gym membership that you pay for but never go? Cancel it and save some money! Remember to check the gym membership agreement, you might need to give a notice period!
- Make a budget and stick to it! This is a great way to reduce your spending, you know what you can and can’t afford! If you haven’t got the money in your budget then you can’t buy the item!
Taking Drastic Action
If you are looking to create a budget, then Dave Ramsey is the best guy when it comes to budgeting and saving money!
There are times that you really do need to take drastic action to save money and while they might not be something you can do every week, you might just use them for those more emergency situations that occur!
Have you considered doing a no spending challenge? These are great and can really help you get inventive when it comes to food and what you are going to eat for the week!
If you can’t afford to go out but your friends all want to hit the town, why not suggest a night in with a movie and a pizza, you might be surprised how much fun you can have at home!
There are ways to save money, you might have to think outside the box occasionally. But with practice and learning to say no, it is possible to find ways to save money each week and make a difference in your budget!