Halloween is about scary things and gross-looking items; it is the only time that scaring children is something fun to do!
However you feel about Halloween and trick or treating, there are ways to have fun and make memories with your family and that is with the food that you eat.
Food that you make to look like something gross is acceptable at this time of the year and it is a great activity that you can get the whole family involved with and have lots of good family fun, but don’t worry I have some fantastic Halloween food ideas for you. How to get organized for Halloween doesn’t have to be scary.
Scary Halloween Food Ideas
- Cake pops are all the rage now; they seem the most popular type of cakes for children. So why not make them look in-keeping with the Halloween theme and have some ghosts or pumpkins decorated cake pops.
- If you are not into cooking, then this twist on the cake pop might be the answer you are looking for, use an Oreo cookie to make the pop, they will be perfect for a cooking session with little ones helping!
- If you love cookies, making them into awesome Halloween treats isn’t that difficult, try these spooky cookie ghosts!
- I will admit that I do love homemade rice crispy treats, they are so easy to make too! However, if you are wondering how to make them more in keeping with the Halloween food theme, then this recipe is perfect!
- I do like chocolate cake, and I think these mummy cakes are awesome, I must try this recipe, it is different from the normal cake ingredients that I use and those cakes look so moist!
- Don’t worry if you think that I haven’t found anything scary, then this next one will send shivers down your spine! Eyeball cupcakes anyone?
- If you don’t want anything too scary you could try these spider cupcakes! I am not sure if for me they are scarier than the eyeball cupcakes, spiders do tend to scare me!
- It isn’t all about the children, these candy corn cheesecake mousse, would look perfect for an adult Halloween party or just the perfect dessert for a romantic Halloween meal for two!
- It wouldn’t be Halloween without candy corn, but these candy corn bars are not unhealthy at all, but they look fabulous and very tempting.
- With all the sweet food available at this time of the year, it is still possible to make some savoury Halloween inspired food too. Mummy meatballs look awesome and I can’t wait to try this recipe on my family!
Therefore, if you are looking to have some fun and to make some Halloween memories you don’t have to just dress up and go trick or treating, you can make some food that encourages the idea of something different. Halloween food is just that, it pushes the boundaries of normal edible food, but it is fun and you are making memories with your family and friends and that is the most important part of any family activity.