You should make sure that your underwear drawer is simple and easy to use. This ensure that when you want to pick your favourite item you aren’t pulling all the underwear you possess out all over the floor just to find the right bra or pair of knickers.
How to organize your underwear
- Get rid of the items that have passed their best and need throwing away. If the item doesn’t fit then consider throwing the item or donating it to a local charity if it is still in good condition.
- If your underwear drawer is, too large it can be difficult to hold small items effectively. It is a great idea to divide the space up making it easier to use. You can get dividers relatively cheap or consider using cardboard cut to the right size.
- Don’t pile items on top of each other, this type of system can quickly become out of control. It is important to fold and file items like knickers or socks like a file in a cabinet, it can make them easier to find and you are not destroying the whole display.
- Bras are more difficult to store because of their size and unruly way they behave. Storing these in boxes with the cups spread apart helps to keep the bra in great shape. When washing a bra always do the clasp up, as it can prevent it from snagging on other items in the wash.
- Tights and stockings have very delicate fabric and can easily snag in a drawer, store these in zip lock bags, separate the colours of the items making choosing the right item easily as these can also make storing them easily again from a front to back system. Labelling these bags can make it easy for identification preventing unnecessary handling, which might lead to snagging of the material.
Underwear is one of the most difficult selection of items to keep tidy. It is very easy for the underwear to become messy and cluttered with just a few items worn. Seeing the items that you have is the first step in calming the clutter of your underwear. Having space for a large collection is just no excuse for keeping items that you no-longer like, the item no-longer fits or if it is starting to fall apart because of being a favourite item. Once you have removed the problem areas of your underwear drawers then it becomes easier to organize and to keep tidy.
Therefore, whilst your underwear drawers can be difficult to curtail, it is a part of being organized be taming the clutter in these drawers. It can for me make the most difficult part of the day easier than if the drawers were untidy and cluttered.
Whilst the underwear is difficult to store, it is not impossible to make these drawers organized and tidy.