You need to Understand that there are myths, which are there to put you off the idea and the concept of organizing not just your home, but your life too. They try to convince you that organizing is bad for you and it isn’t for you. Knowing that these temptations are trying to fight you and to hold you back is one thing, but tackling them head on and telling yourself that you are not put off doing something that can improve your quality of life and can even give you more free time to enjoy with your family.
Don’t Be Scared To Organize
Don’t be scared to organize your life, if you hear comments that put you off organizing you have it in you to fight back and not to fear organizing your home or your life.
- If you hear that organizing is for type ‘A’ people – then you are wrong, it is possible for everyone to find ways to organize their life. Some people are more organized than others are, but that is OK. It is finding that balance for you, the one that makes your life easier and more manageable.
- Organizing takes too much time – yes if you have a lot to organize it can take time, but once you have a system in place it is easy to maintain, if not then you need to change the system that you are using.
- Getting organized is frustrating – it is more frustrating running around, when you should have already left the house, looking for an item that should have been by the door ready for you to leave.
- Organizing is expensive – I don’t believe in spending money on any organizing system, after all there are no guarantees that any system is going to work, you have to try the idea first and even then if your circumstances change so, too, can your organization routines. Being flexible is the key to a successful organized life.
- You only need to organize once – this is such a false concept, organizing is a continuous process and for it to work you have to work at it every single day.
- A good organizing system will work for everyone – this is certainly not the case otherwise there would just be one system that everyone uses. It depends on your needs and your circumstances and finding something that fits in with all of these.
- There is a right and wrong way to organize – this is false, it depends on the individual how you organize and there is definitely not a wrong way to do this. You might find that one system doesn’t work and you have to move on to something more fitting with your lifestyle, but there is no right or wrong way to do this.
Clearing Out The Clutter
How you get started and move forward with your desire for more organization in your life is important. You need to want it before any system will work. Every system that you choose will need to have some input from yourself; you can’t set it up and hope that magic happens to keep it organized.
What is interesting and fascinating about organizing is you can learn something new, it is evolving and there are different ideas that you can try, they don’t have to cost you any money and that is really important.
Therefore, if you hear any negativity about organizing then it is possible to push those negative thoughts away, because there is always something that you can do to improve your organization skills. The most important point to remember is that you are different and what works for someone else might not work for you, so you have to find the best system that meets your needs.
If you are looking for more articles on this topic head over to the landing page where you will find links to other posts on organizing.