You might think it is odd that I want to help you deep clean your toilet, but you must pay attention to it; a clean toilet smells fresh no matter who turns up unexpectedly. There are many chemicals that you can buy to clean your toilet, and I am not saying I have never used them, I have, however, I am looking at the more natural way to clean my home, so I don’t expose my family to any more chemicals just to keep the toilet clean.
Affiliate links support How To Get Organized At Home
How To Deep Clean Your Toilet Naturally
I use mostly one or two products to clean my entire home, this saves me money and it saves me getting excited about new products that claim to do all sorts of different tasks; they just forget to mention about all the chemicals that these products contain and what they will do to your health long-term.
Yes, a few years ago, I was a cleaning product addict, if something new came out to clean your home, I wanted it, the reason being, I was looking for the perfect product and I never did find it. I would use it, be disappointed with the results and move on to the next product. What this left me with was a cupboard full of products half used, so I stopped buying them and whilst I was researching what to use, I used up the cleaning products to not waste any more money.
I now use just a white vinegar solution, bicarbonate of soda and occasionally I use neat white vinegar. I don’t use my steamer to clean the bathroom, the cable isn’t long enough and being honest I haven’t been that impressed with my steam cleaner. I just don’t think it works as well as all the claims made about it, but that is my own opinion, other people love them.
How To Deep Clean A Toilet
Deep cleaning a toilet is not difficult if you keep on top of the daily cleaning; I just give a quick wipe down daily to make sure that when I need to do a deep clean it is not getting a week worth’s of germs off the toilet.
- I like to sprinkle the bicarbonate of soda around the outside base of the toilet to give it a chance to work; I will leave this until last when I clean the floor.
- I spray my white vinegar and water solution all over the toilet and use a rag to wipe the toilet down and another to dry and to shine. I do all around the outside, over the bolts, everywhere.
- I then do the same with the inside of the toilet lid, the toilet seat, and the actual toilet. I spray wipe with the first cloth and shine with the second.
- I leave the inside of the toilet until second from last, this part I do use a glove, there are limits to what I will do without them on. Again, I use a rag that has the vinegar solution on and I rub and scrub the inside of the toilet.
- Finally using a clean cloth, I spray the tiled floor with the white vinegar solution to clean it and at the same time clean around the base of the toilet, where I sprinkled bicarbonate of soda at the beginning.
Other Options For Toilet Cleaning
If you have some stubborn stains in your toilet and you can’t get rid of them with the vinegar, there are other ways to get rid of these marks. You can use chemicals if you want to, just because I don’t doesn’t mean that you can’t; if you are looking for a natural way then a pumice stone works really well. However, if you are a cola drinker then you could try a glass of that to clean your toilet, you might be surprised how well it shines after this treatment.
Therefore, if you are struggling to deep clean your toilet regularly, don’t panic, take your time and you will quickly find the pleasure in a fresh toilet when you visit.
What is your best tip for cleaning a toilet?
If you are looking for more articles on this topic head over to the landing page where you will find links to other posts on cleaning.
I wrote this article to encourage people to clean, 18 Reasons Why You Need To Clean, I think you will like it!