Whether you work away from home or have a home office, organization is key to the success of how you feel when you are trying to work. How to get an organized home office takes time and practice!
There is nothing less productive than trying to work in chaos, you will miss deadlines, lose paperwork and in general, have a less productive time working.
The more organized you are the less time you will spend looking for things and misplacing things.
Organization makes sense; it will allow you to look more professional and is less stressful overall.
Home Office Organization Ideas
Creating the perfect organized office might seem impossible, but with a few tweaks often it is easier than you might think.
What is important is creating a space that works for you and your family and not against the natural flow of your life!
Tips To Organize Your Office
The more you keep your office organized the easier it is to manage!
- Keep on top of the filing; this is one of the most important aspects, it will allow you to keep things organized and you will know where things are. If you mark the date on the paperwork when to destroy this can help save time by knowing when a file is ready for destruction.
- Plan your day, this keeps your mind organized at work!
- Limit the amount of stuff that you have out on your desk! Only have things you are currently working on out!
- Tidy up between tasks, this helps you ensure you have finished off one task before moving on to the next!
It’s important to have the right tools for the tasks you do in your office!
If you are constantly looking for different things, you need to have a home for everything that includes your coffee cup!
If you have your phone on your desk, have a space that is just for your phone, the same for pens and your diary! If they have a place where they belong it will make your desk less cluttered!
Home Office Desk Ideas
If you want your home office desk to look less cluttered there are some great tips to keep your desk and home office organized!
- Keeping your desk clear will allow you to see what you are doing and what you are working on. If your desks cluttered with too many items it becomes difficult to work effectively, because you’re being distracted by the other items on your desk.
- What you sit on will depend on how effective you work, being comfortable is key if you are sitting for long periods. Getting up and stretching your legs is important as too much sitting in one place is not good for your health. You might try a standing desk, these are becoming popular, I haven’t tried this method yet, but you never know!
- Knowing what you need to do and when is key to office organization. Whether it is a home office or you go out to work, keeping yourself organized is important, how you do this is personal to you. I like pen and paper and I have a diary system which I use if you like technology you might find that an online calendar works just as well for you. It is about finding a system that you can use and develop into a workable means of keeping you on track.
- Your desk: only keep things on here that you use every day if you don’t use it daily put it away, find a home for the item, it is just creating clutter on your desk. This is difficult to achieve as often it isn’t you that adds the clutter, but keeping on top of this will make it easier to manage and organize.
Home Office Storage Ideas
How you organize your space will help you create a space that works effectively and smoothly however often you are in the space!
How you organize any current work is key to how successful you will be at getting the work completed on time.
- Filing cabinets to keep on top of filing
- Files and folders to store any paperwork
- Don’t forget the organizers in your drawers too!
Using A Schedule To Plan
Without my schedule, I am not sure how confident I would be to ensure that I remember everything I need to do each day.
If you have multiple clients or colleagues that give you paperwork, finding a system that keeps this organized and working for you is imperative.
It is the same for a meeting, keep a separate file for each meeting and you will know what you need to grab and will have all the information to hand.
Therefore, if you are looking for a more organized office or are wondering how to organize a home office, it is about finding a system that works for you.
However, the most important aspect is keeping the clutter under control and ensuring you schedule everything into some sort of organizer or planner.
If you are looking for office supplies then you will love these suggestions!