Managing your time is similar to something you can never quite catch, it can seem impossible to do the things you want to do and, even more, unlikely that you will ever do the things dream of, like starting your own business or even as simple as finishing off your to-do list. However, it isn’t always a lack of time but how you organize your tasks and jobs and how skilled you are at time management. It is possible to do more than you can ever imagine if you’re prepared to consider your time management skills need a little bit of work.
Affiliate links support How To Get Organized At Home
7 Tips For Time Management
- Planning your time is the most important time management tip there is, it can show you the time you have available and the tasks you need to fit in. If you have an end-time, it is easier to push through the tasks, but it also becomes clear as to the amount of jobs that are realistically completed in set time frames.
- Book time to do tasks around the home, if you want to do the cleaning at certain times of the day, booking this into your schedule will mean that you are more likely to accomplish the tasks, than if they are just something that you want to get completed at some point during the week.
- Plan into your daytime to read emails, answer the phone, or deal with social media. If you are constantly stopping to check an email you have received or to read a comment on social media you will never have enough time to complete the task in hand. It is vital that you have set times when you are able to focus your attention on these items and not when you’re doing other things.
- Time management is not easy when you’re stressed or have included too much to do in a time slot. It is important that you are planning regular breaks and exercise into your day, you might be surprised at how much more you can complete if you step outside at lunchtime for a walk, you become more productive and you are able to focus on the tasks better.
- Learn to delegate, you don’t have to do every single task, there are options that you can take which will help you with the process and that is to get other people to help; this is at work or at home, sharing responsibilities will mean that you are able to get even more done in the time available.
- Prioritize your tasks; this makes it easier to see if there are tasks, which can slip, that you have completed the most important ones first. It might seem odd to start with the difficult tasks but this will mean that you have planned your time effectively and the less important tasks are left to the end of the time slot and are more able to slip if needed.
- Know your deadlines; if you know when you have to complete something then you are more aware of the time frame. This is important when deciding on which tasks are the most important and which tasks can slip. It also allows you to plan your time accordingly to fit in your deadlines and appointments into your day.
Therefore, if you are looking to include more into your day it might mean that you have to adjust your time management in a number of different areas. I have read a lot of positive things about the systems suggested in this book and is something I will definitely be looking into in the future.
What are your best time management tips?
If you are looking for more articles on this topic head over to the landing page where you will find links to other posts on time management.
The Benefits Of Managing Your Time Effectively is an article I have recently written on time management and I think you will find it interesting to read.