Knowing that you have to clean your home isn’t the problem, sometimes it is knowing what to use to make your home look cleaner and to smell fresh, without having to spend hours each day scrubbing and polishing. There are ways to get even some of those stubborn stains and marks from our homes without resorting to throwing things away. Knowing the items to tackle first and the way to cheat clean is great if you want to keep your home guest friendly. If you want to make your home cleaner there are ways in which you can do tricks to make your home appear cleaner.
Affiliate links support How To Get Organized At Home
16 Ways To Make Your Home Cleaner Easier
- Go for the obvious dust areas first, like the TV and any flat surface that can highlight dust.
- Keep on top of keeping your toilet clean for those unexpected guests.
- Keep on top of the bare minimum, make sure you have this under control before you step up the game and go for a deeper cleaning routine.
- Clutter can make a house look untidy, keep the clutter at bay, try encouraging everyone to put away items when they have finished with them.
- There is nothing like dirty dishes to make the whole home look a mess, tackle these as you use them or ensure you put them straight into the dishwasher to keep the counters clear of dishes and clutter.
- If you are expecting guests, ensure that you have towels to replace any damp ones, which can start to smell.
- Keep on top of any pet hair, I know that sometimes this isn’t an easy feat, I have a Labrador who sheds loads and I am always fighting to keep this at bay!
- If your house smells clean then it can fool people into thinking that it’s cleaner than it actually is, the more it smells clean the less it’s checked.
- Light, the more you have coming in can brighten up the room, have objects the light can reflect off and this will make your home seem brighter and cleaner. You will need clean windows for this one too.
- Keep the middle of your floor vacuumed, this will make your home seem cleaner, who cares you haven’t moved the chair if the middle looks clean and fresh.
- Light reflects on blinds and it is often very easy to see the dirt on blinds, using an old damp sock is the best way to clean horizontal blinds, but if the dust is particularly stubborn try using vinegar to help remove the dust.
- Steam clean carpets to get stubborn stains out, if they don’t go with steam try using baking soda to help lift the stain from the carpet.
- Cleaning the oven is a nightmare, the grease can quickly build if you are not careful. Wipe it down after every use and tackle with baking soda for the tough dried in stains.
- Floor cleaning, it is easy to keep on top of the task instead of leaving it to build, I use my steam mop daily to remove dog prints and dirt and I know the floors are clean.
- Make your bed, this will tidy up a bedroom, it can make it look more inviting and pretty.
- Stop procrastinating and start doing, sometimes it is easy to get lost in the mess, you don’t notice the dirt or the dishes because they are always there, or you are trying to avoid doing the task for fear of the time it will take. When in reality it isn’t as bad as you thought!
Therefore, if you are looking for some tips on ways to make your home cleaner then these tips will help, number 16 is probably the most important one and the most difficult one to achieve too.
What are your top tips to make your home cleaner?
Looking for more articles on cleaning? Head over to the landing page where you will find links to other articles!
I wrote another article I think you will like. 18 Reasons Why You Need To Clean.