Knowing that you have to clean your home isn’t the problem, sometimes it is knowing what to use to make your home look cleaner and to smell fresh, without having to spend hours each day scrubbing and polishing.
There are ways to get even some of those stubborn stains and marks from our homes without resorting to throwing things away.
Knowing the items to tackle first and the way to cheat clean is great if you want to keep your home guest friendly. If you want to make your home cleaner there are ways in which you can make your home appear cleaner without spending hours cleaning!
Ways To Make Your Home Cleaner
- Go for the obvious dust areas first, like the TV and any flat surface that can highlight dust.
- Keep on top of the bare minimum, make sure you have this under control before you step up the game and go for a deeper cleaning routine.
- If your house smells clean then it can fool people into thinking that it’s cleaner than it actually is, the more it smells clean the less it’s checked.
- Make your bed, this will tidy up a bedroom, it can make it look more inviting and pretty.
Simple Tips To Help
Often it’s those simple tips that make the biggest impact on your life!
- Keep your toilet clean for those unexpected guests, it means there is less scrubbing if you clean it after every visit!
- Keep the middle of your floors vacuumed, this will make your home seem cleaner, who cares you haven’t moved the chair if the middle looks clean and fresh.
Practical Cleaning Tips To Help
Don’t ignore the most obvious tips, sometimes they are the best!
- Clutter can make a house look untidy, keep the clutter at bay. Try encouraging everyone to put away items when they have finished with them.
- Ensure your towels are dry and replace or dry any damp ones, which can start to smell.
- Keep on top of any pet hair, I know that sometimes this isn’t an easy feat. I have a Labrador and a mixed breed dog who sheds loads! Prevention is better than clean up – keep your pets groomed!
Sunlight Is Your Enemy!
Have you noticed how sunlight is not forgiving when it comes to hiding dust? Am I the only one who cringes when the sun comes out because it highlights areas I’ve missed?
- Light, the more you have coming in can brighten up the room, have objects the light can reflect off and this will make your home seem brighter and cleaner. However, it will require some cleaning to keep this items dust free, you will need clean windows for this one too!
- Light reflects on blinds and it is often very easy to see the dirt on blinds, using an old damp sock to clean horizontal blinds, (not fabric ones) but if the dust is particularly stubborn try using white vinegar solution to help remove the dust.
- Why does the sun highlight stains on a carpet! Try steaming your carpets to get stubborn stains out! If that doesn’t work try using baking soda to help lift the stain from the carpet.
Keeping The Kitchen Clean
If you keep on top of the things in the kitchen it can help to make the rest of the house look great!
- Cleaning the oven is a nightmare, the grease can quickly build if you are not careful. Wipe it down after every use and tackle with baking soda for the tough dried in stains.
- There is nothing like dirty dishes to make the whole home look a mess, tackle these as you use them or ensure you put them straight into the dishwasher to keep the counters clear of dishes and clutter.
Dealing With My Obsession
I can’t stand dirty floors if they are dirty then to me the whole house needs a scrub! Keeping on top of the simple things can make things look so much better!
- Floor cleaning, it is easy to keep on top of the task instead of leaving it to build, I use my steam mop daily to remove dog prints and dirt and I know the floors are clean.
Saving The Best Tip Till Last!
This is the most important tip that I can tell you to help you keep your home clean!
- Stop procrastinating and start doing, sometimes it is easy to get lost in the mess, you don’t notice the dirt or the dishes because they are always there, or you are trying to avoid doing the task for fear of the time it will take. When in reality it isn’t as bad as you thought!
Therefore, if you want a cleaner home, you have to put some work in, or get someone else to clean for you! There is no simple solution to cleaning apart from tackling the task and getting stuck into the cleaning! It doesn’t take that long if you break the tasks down!