8 Fantastic Decorations For Your Home
Do you change your decorations depending on the season? It isn’t something that I have done in the past, we moved a lot when the children were little and it would mean more to pack and move, so changing decorations wasn’t something I had considered until now. I don’t want to move home, but I am feeling that I do need different things in the home to make it feel different but homely at the same time. It might be more work, but I am up for the challenge if it makes me feel good.
8 Decorations For Fall
I have thought about the different things that I can create and some which I have found look good and they don’t cost a lot to create. This is my list of things that I am thinking about creating, I will share the ones I make but I haven’t made up my mind completely yet.
Here are the eight decorations that I have chosen that I really like
- I have a thing about pinecones, I love the way they look and I think they really bring out that autumn feeling. You can use pinecones in your home, but one of my favourites is pumpkin scented pinecones, I think there are a number of changes that you can make to this idea so that it fits in with your favourite smells and colours you can use to add the scent to the pinecone. This is certainly something I am considering for an autumn feel to my home.
- I love the idea of adding colour into my home by using pillows, but I am such a frugal person I hate spending money on something that has minimal usage. I like the idea of having something that I can create, without sewing and for it to look good in my home. This is where creating a no sew pillow cover sounds great, I think it would be relatively cheap to make too.
- I dislike carving pumpkins, am I the only one that the thought of pulling out the insides makes me feel unwell? Therefore, with all the hype around painted pumpkins this year makes me feel so good, it means I can join in with all the fun! I especially liked the look of this painted pumpkin and with it being fake; it does mean that it will last a few seasons too!
- I like the idea so much of the no carving pumpkins that I just had to include this special pumpkin family, they look so happy, bright and colourful too! I like the happy faces and the good times, it reminds me of when my kids where little!
- If you have any sort of painting talent these picture ideas are great! I love the white pumpkin, I think it would make are awesome addition to the theme of fall in any room.
- There is nothing better than making your own wreath, they become a personal touch and you are only limited by your own imagination; if you are struggling for ideas I just love this owl wreath, it is perfect to create with young children and it is something that will last a few years too.
- I do love candles, they add so much more to a room, but sometimes you can get bored and this idea is great to add a touch of something very different to the glow in your room!
- I am really getting into the letter art at the moment, either in block form or the wooden letters, what I don’t like is the price that many of these are going for, so when I saw this idea about making your own I am in love with this idea and it looks great too.
I am still undecided as to what I want to do, I love them all but for the sake of time I know that it isn’t possible to make them all, I just need to decide on one or two fall decorating projects to give that new feeling to a room without a high price tag!
If you are looking for more articles on this topic head over to the landing page where you will find links to other posts on household.