6 Things To Clean More Often
There are areas of your home that you should clean more often; they are the areas that you must clean regularly as they can help to keep your home cleaner and prevent the build-up of dust and germs in your home. By paying attention to these areas, you can help your family to stay healthier and reduce the risk of germs spreading as well as reducing the microscopic insects that live in our homes and feed off the dead skin particles and leave their waste in some less than pleasant areas.
6 Areas You Must Clean More Often
- Cleaning and wiping down your kitchen counters before you use them is going to prevent the spread of germs in our homes in the summer. These carried in by flies and other insects and if you leave doors open even vermin can get into our homes, so before you prepare food ensure the surface which you are placing the food on is clean. I even put a net cover over my fruit bowl to prevent any insects getting in and touching my fruit.
- Your bed sheets; you must wash these at least once a week to prevent the build-up of dust mites that live in your bed. They feed off the dead skin that falls off our bodies, but they defecate over your sheets too. By washing them every week you can reduce the build-up of these insects and you can prevent allergic reactions to the excrement, which can worsen conditions like asthma and eczema.
- You must change your dishcloth daily, it harbours germs and being a damp environment it adds to the growth capabilities of the germs and bacteria found on the cloth. It is important that you change these daily to reduce the amount of germs and to prevent the spread around your kitchen.
- If you keep your floors clean, you will reduce the amount of dirt that spreads around your home. Try taking shoes off at the door and either sweep or vacuum regularly to prevent the dirt that does come into your home from spreading. After washing the dishes, if you sweep the floor any crumbs that have fallen will reduce the spread of these around your home and prevent food attracting insects and vermin into your home.
- Toys are the worst place for spreading germs, often children touch these and put them into their mouths and any germs they have come into contact with spread onto the toy and this can pass on to another child and spread germs. It is often how germs spread between children. When purchasing a toy think about the ability to clean it on a regular basis, I would often wash my children’s toys especially if any of them became poorly.
- Phones, computers and tablets are breeding grounds for germs, as people touch them and they might have germs on their hands and these can quickly spread to other people who use the equipment. Keeping these clean is more difficult but following the manufacturer’s instructions is important as you can’t clean electronics with water as this can and will damage them.
Therefore, if you are looking for a clean home it is important that you pay attention to these 6 areas, they can help to keep your family healthy and your home clean. It will never be completely germ free, but by keeping them under control can help prevent the spread of germs and other animal visitors to an absolute minimum.
i couldn’t agree more with your tips, especially the one regarding toys. I think that is the most important one for parents of young children, especially.
Elizabeth, I couldn’t agree more. Imagine the horror of the daycare toys!
This is a great list. I am decent with staying on top of most of your list, but #6. I know how dirty electronics can get, but I never know HOW to clean them. I don’t want to wreck anything!
yuck germs!!! I am not a germ-phobe but I can’t stand the thought of the buggers!! Another place people don’t clean as often as they should (me being one of them) is under the furniture!! breeding ground for dust bunnies and more! Especially with pets! Thanks for the hints and tips and the motivation to get clean!!
I know I hate having those dust bunnies under the furniture! Thanks for visiting 🙂
It is important to look at the manuals and see what the recommendations are and then follow their advice!
The thought of those germs makes me cringe!
Comments are closed.