Whilst the weather is warm, it is a great time to sort out your wardrobe and review the clothes that you are wearing and seeing if you need to add any pieces. As the summer clothes season is ending now is the time to get some great bargains that you can add to your wardrobe for the rest of the summer and maybe next year too.
- Remove clothing that no longer fits you; it is not flattering, nor makes you feel good for it to sit looking at you each time you open your wardrobe.
- Look at the clothing you have for the summer and consider if it is time for a change, whilst it is possible to have summer clothes for one or two seasons there is a time when you need an update. This is the perfect time for a change, the summer sales will soon start and that will give you ample supply of summer clothes at a reduced price.
- It is important that you have clothes that make you feel good, it doesn’t matter if you live in jeans and t-shirts all year, as long as they fit you and you are comfortable wearing them, then there is no problem with wearing these clothes. However, if you have clothes that you feel uncomfortable in, it might be time to get rid of these. Clothes you wear should always be comfortable; at the very least, you should feel happy to wear them, even a uniform for work.
- Split your clothes into different sections for work and home life, but you can go further than this to work wear that is suitable for warm days or cold days and also do the same for your casual clothes. This allows you to pick the most appropriate wear without too much thought, saving you time in the mornings or before you are getting ready for work.
- Smart clothes that you have for special occasions are best stored in protective coverings. This ensures they stay fresh for when you need them.
- It is important that you dust your wardrobe on the inside; it is surprising how quickly dust can build and putting clean clothes onto dusty hangers defeats the object of keeping them clean and fresh. A clean feather duster is great for this; it allows the removal of the dust particles as well as being the quickest option, too.
- Shoes should always be kept in pairs and put away after each use, remember if you get them wet to dry them before storing, because a shoe can quickly go mouldy and this can spread to your entire shoe collection.
Whilst having an organized wardrobe is a great asset, it is not something that is often high on the list of tasks to do; it can be an emotional time getting rid of some of your favourite clothes when they are past their best. However, out with the old and in with the new. For me this is just as traumatic, I hate clothes shopping and it is one reason I hold onto my favourite clothes too long.