If you are ever in a pickle where you need money to pay for an expense that you haven’t budgeted for, what do you do? There are loads of options to look at making money quickly. However, long-term it is better to increase your wealth over a slower pace and this way it is more likely to stay.
Ideas for making money quickly
- Look around your home and collect all the small change lying around, its surprising how quickly it can mount up. Unfortunately, you might need to bag it up and exchange it at the bank as not many shops appreciate money in small dominations.
- Selling items that you own is a great way to bring in some cash, there are many places available online that will allow you to advertise items, often with no cost to yourself. Be cautious when you agree to meet the buyer, it is important that you take cash or even PayPal, never accept a cheque because they can bounce and you are left without your goods and your cash.
- Return items that you have purchased but not used.
- You might be able to get a 2nd job; this could bring the money in that you need but it is going to take time and commitment to get a second job.
- It is possible to volunteer for medical science; some places will pay for your services in using your body for testing. However, this does come with some risks in some areas.
- Save your cans and don’t include them in the recycling, take them to a scrap metal dealer and sell them direct. Be warned it is going to take a lot of cans to make money, but many people just throw these away or just leave them lying around. So, you will be helping to tidy up your community too.
Even if you are not in dire need for money, thinking about ways in which you can make more without too much effort or expense is great at boosting your household income.
It is possible to work from home, creating a business that enables you to generate an income, if you come up with a great business plan you might even turn your home business into a great money-making business that allows you to spend time at home with your family.
It is important that most home businesses take time to develop and it depends on what you are looking to provide, which will depend on the time it takes to bring in an income. You must inform the taxman if you do work from home, otherwise you could find yourself with a fine for failure to declare the money you earn.
If you want to increase your wealth then it is important that you create a budget and spend less money than you earn. This will enable you to save the excess money and increase your overall wealth.
Here’s how I think of my money – as soldiers – I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there’s more of them.
Tips to save money
I remember when I was younger my grandma always use to tell me to look after my pennies and the pounds would look after themselves. I think this is where my obsession with money began. I took this to heart and I have always been careful with my loose change to ensure that I had means to save it.
I still wondered how this would ever work and to be honest while change can build up, you still need to consider what to do with the pounds when they start to accumulate to ensure they are working just as hard for you as the pennies are.
I think this is just one reason I don’t like rounding up any money that I need, it is exact, that way I am not spending the odd pennies in change because I didn’t remove them from my bank account in the first place.
Therefore, my most important money-saving tip is to get the money that you need out of your bank and not rounding it up. This is difficult with some banks and building societies putting pressure on customers with having minimum amounts they have to withdraw. To me this practice is wrong, it penalizes those people who can least afford the charges.
I know my daughter’s account, if she takes out less than £10.01 they want to charge her £0.50 for the transaction. She is just 16 and can’t afford this and I know payments into the account aren’t charged, so if she needs £5 out she will take out £15 and pay back in the £10, saving her the charges, but what happens if she hasn’t the money in her account to do this?
Therefore, whilst banks are taking control, it is important that consumers are aware of tips and tricks to outsmart them to ensure their money is working hard and as fast as it possibly can.