10 Quick Organizing Tips
If you are looking for inspiration to help with those odd jobs around the home, they are practical and can make jobs easier to manage. These organizing tips will make your life easier and help you to have an organized home and life.
- Create routines or habits so that the tasks and jobs you need to do get completed automatically without thinking. This will make your life easier to manage. Creating a habit and a routine will take time, it is not going to be automatic for a few weeks; there are charts that you can fill in to remind you of your new habit until it becomes second nature.
- Clean as you make the mess; if you are cooking, cleaning as you go will save time and excuses. It will mean that you are constantly living in a tidy and clean home.
- If you have used an item, put it away when you have finished. This will allow you to get into the habit of tidying up and finding homes for all your items.
- Keep your filing system simple, this will ensure that you can file away items quickly and easily as well as finding them again if needed. If a system is too complicated, you will be reluctant to file items straight away.
- Use a calendar or diary to keep you on track and to ensure you don’t miss vital appointments or special dates you need to remember. A calendar is a great way to keep all the families important dates in one place and this can act as reminders to all the family of an impending birthday or anniversary.
- If your routines and habits start to stray, put a rescue mission in place before total chaos sets in. This is a great tip, it might mean that you need to adjust a habit or a routine to fit in with a new schedule. It is important that you realise and attack the situation before it causes even more problems.
- Put your items like keys in their home as soon as you step through the door, it can save hours looking for keys before you need to go out in the morning. My worst experience was dropping my keys on the floor and my son picked them up, he was just a baby, and hid them from me. It took me hours to find them, lesson learnt the hard way.
- If you lose items in the bottom of your handbag consider using a purse organizer, they can be great to change from one bag to another because it is just one item to move.
- Use tension rods to hold scarves, which can get trampled and dirty quickly, but by using tension rods you can easily keep them neat and tidy.
- Wire racks in wardrobes or a hidden corner are great places to hold rolls of wrapping paper secure until you need to use it. Wrapping paper can quickly take control of any area, but if it is secured and kept tidy it can make the wrapping a pleasant experience instead of a stressful one.