With America enjoying Mothering Sunday today, what a better way than to show mums across the world that we care and to suggest some fun activities that you can do with your mum. It is about making that special time for families, making memories and traditions, which can and will, give you the opportunity to share and make that special time for those important people in your lives. While some businesses commercialize holidays, this is not what I consider appropriate for any celebration, however, it is still an important time to thank you to the ones you love for their help and support over the course of the year.
Affiliate links support How To Get Organized At Home
Mothering Sunday Activities You Will Love
Finding things to do that you can enjoy is not always easy, it is difficult to try to visualize activities. Sometimes you either end up doing the same activities over and over again or you don’t do anything and this has a negative impact on making those memories, which last a lifetime and traditions that you can pass on to future generations.
- If you are looking for that perfect homemade card to give to your mum then you should check out this website for some inspiration.
- Are you looking for a book that you can give as a gift for Mothering Sunday? Then this book ‘True and Constant Friends’ by Kelley Paul will make the perfect gift.
- Have you ever wanted to make a short video for your mother? You can make a short video free here and it includes a template too.
- For the budding gardener there are some great ideas that you can do to make memories together in the garden; if you are looking for inspiration then check out these ideas, I am not sure if my favourite is the garden stepping-stones or the flower press magnets.
- If you are looking for some light relief to brighten your day pop over here and read about the creator of Mother’s Day and how she spent the rest of her life.
- If you are really stuck for that last-minute gift then you will love this printable gift where you can get your kids to create a special memory, and hopefully not look like you have completely forgotten.
- If you are hoping your husband will take on the role of helping your little ones create something beautiful then hand him this list, they are dad friendly activities that he can use to inspire the creativeness hidden inside.
- Getting the food right is just as important as the perfect gift, if you are looking for inspiration then look no further than here for the most beautifully inspired food that you can create, I think my favourite is the homemade cupcake bouquet.
- Giving a gift on Mother’s Day doesn’t just stop when you reach a certain age, yet a homemade gift is still precious, try making one of these.
- There are those who have lost their mothers and making time to remember those who have passed on is good, remembering the happy times and the memories you shared; an inspirational article I read on this topic made me just want to share.
Mother’s Day, no matter where you live, or if you choose the actual official day, but remembering those we love and those people who gave so much of their life to give us a good life, are important and we should never forget the sacrifices they made and the memories that you shared with them. Celebrating family and those ties and connections that make you who you are, are important, you don’t have to jump in a car or a plane and spend hours visiting, but letting them know you care and are thinking about them are the most important actions you can take.
I have found a great resource that is perfect for sharing, it is a mother and daughter journal, it is about sharing and connecting together. It is a great way to talk about things without actually talking and can break down barriers that prevent developing deeper relationships with your mother.
What’s your favourite Mothering Sunday activity?
I wrote this article recently and I think you will enjoy it, 25 Gifts For Women For Any time Of The Year!